Blog Visitors

Seth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Madison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Triplets

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rex and Aleece

Rex and Aleece
Never too old to know how to have fun!

Seth and Madison

Seth and Madison

Madison gave Seth a black eye... "Opps, did I do that?"

Daddy's Back Home!!!

The Triplets 2.5 years old

The Triplets 2.5 years old
"Hey, mom! Fireworks are pretty cool, just don't take away my fingers!"

Zachary

Zachary
"Watching fireworks make me nervous"!

Riley

Riley
"It makes me sleepy... I want my mommy!""

The Day We Found Out: TRIPLETS!

Thursday, February 5, 2009

6 years of Marriage Bliss! Hehehe, okay, but we are happy!

These pictures were both taken our senior year of high school 1999.

Rex's year book picture.

Mine was from my participation in the Miss Richfield Pageant.
(Fun experience but heavy competition, not my kind of thing!)

Rex and I have been married 6 years on Friday, February 6th. I think back to the day we were married and how much in love we were. I remember a few people, from our ward now, coming to the open house at Sharon and Rex Sr.'s home to give gifts and wish us the best. It was a wonderful time in my life. You know what is nice about reminiscing on your anniversary... it is a time to reflect with optimism on the years you have spent together and resolve to move on together with your best foot forward.
My favorite of our wedding Photos

Rex and I have this thing we do... Since we were married a week before Valentine's Day we decided we would transfer our celebration of Valentine's to August 14th of each year! We have done this for the last 2 years and we like it a lot better! This way we spread out the lovey times and sentimental dates which evens out the year a little more. So you may wonder who would have a silly idea like that, right? Must have been a guys idea? Nope, it was all me! I am a cheap-O! It's expensive enough to have an anniversary during Valentine's season due to the high flower prices and such, and we save our selves a little money and peace of mind by doing "Our" Valentine's Day 6 months after every one else. Plus, you know how hard it is to find a babysitter on Valentine's Day! I swear they are booked 2 months in advance! :)
Okay, so this Anniversary Rex wants to take me to dinner and a movie... wheelchair and all! :) How romantic! LOL We'll see how I am feeling I guess.

You know, about 3 years back Rex had two surgeries on his left foot (two screws were put in to fix a broken navicular bone). Well, we had a tradition of going to the Duck games every year. (During Football Season we didn't do dates... we chose to put that money towards going to games, which then turned into our dates! We actually spent less money on game tickets, gas and food than we would have had to for dinner, a movie, snacks, and a babysitter!) Thanks to Sharon watching the kids for us for free. But the point is... Rex was in a wheel chair during the football season and couldn't make his way up the steep ramps at Autzen Stadium with out me pushing him the whole way! I pushed that man in that wheelchair many, many, many times! (true love) So it is kinda sweet "revenge" that he now has to push me every where. :) hehehe! I love you Rex!
Okay, enough silly mushy stuff... you all want to know about the pregnancy right? Well, we have stellar news... I am now just past 32 weeks along! Only 26 more days! My cervix is the same as last time (dilated 2 centimeters and holding), and the babies are sounding good in their non-stress-tests (NST). On Friday we go in for another NST and my physical therapy(PT). Monday we go in for NST and then have to drive to Portland for a measurement/growth ultrasound for the babies (we will find out their weights and percentages again). Wednesday I have PT and I go back into the OB/GYN to have my cervix checked again. We will continue this crazy schedule until the babies get here. Wish us luck that we make it to March 3rd (36 weeks).
Sharon insisted on taking a picture of me at Brian's Birthday Party tonight, so there is a belly picture in existence, but I don't have it yet. As soon as Sharon can email it to me I will post it here on the blog with all the other belly pics. After taking my picture she then grabbed a measuring tape to measure around my back to the biggest part of my belly, and I am 51" around! WOW! I will never forget how this feels! It's very vivid now, but I know It's easy to forget after the fact! I will never take certain things for granted ever again, like: being able to turn over in bed, or sleeping on my belly, or BREATHING normally! or being able to get up or sit down with out having to brace my self! and I would love to get up in the middle of the night with out having to hold on to the furniture around me so I don't collapse! I will be so glad to have my old body back, even with it's imperfections! :) LOL Sister Reedy was talking to me today about how I should take more profile belly pictures of the end of this pregnancy, just so I have something to look back on to remember this whole experience and so the triplets will know too. So I will make more of an effort to add one every time I write a post.
This week one of my best friends' dad died, it has been very difficult for her, and I feel like I am so out of touch. Tonight since we were invite to Rex's parents for pizza for Brian's party, Rex decided to make dinner and desert for her and her family and drop it by on our way to West Salem. Rex took it to the door... he said she was crying pretty bad. I feel so helpless. Many of you may know who I am talking about. If you do, I think bringing in meals is a great way to help them out. I know we are getting a lot of help too, so I hate to seem like I am pushing for this, but I think if my dad had just died the last thing I would have energy to do is cook meals. This really is just a heads up every one... I love you all and know you have probably already started planning something to assist her and her family. I wish I could join the ranks... believe me I would rather be on the giving than the receiving end. You ladies rock, and I love you all! Thanks for your support to Rex and I by continuing to sign up each time the list comes around at church. We have needed you, and greatly appreciate everything you are doing! Lots of love! Aleece

3 comments:

  1. Ah, I remember not being able to lie on my belly, also not being able to eat much, and I only had one baby inside me. Can't imagine having three!!!

    Good luck on making it to 36 weeks!!! I'm looking forward to seeing pictures on your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm like you. I'd rather be on the giving end any day. After surgery for the ectopic pregnancy in Dec, I was overwhelmed with the outpour of love and support I received and the help I had with the girls. My husband is gone for 18 months and our ward has been taking really good care of us anyway...but especially the week after I was home. The help was much needed and much appreciated but it is always hard to humble myself and admit that I need the help. Fortunately I've already had opportunities to pay those wonderful do-gooders back by kidnapping their children for them for dates or just volunteering meals for no reason except to say thank-you. One of my best friends and I joke that it is all about the 'balance' in our friendship and it is VERY much tilted in her favor right now.

    Okay, maybe it is just funny to us. :)

    So I told you about the Bishop's wife being pregnant with twins, right? I found out that her doctor is the same one who delivered the sextuplets from John and Kate plus 8. I guess she works out here now and only deals with multiples so I'd never meet her. Anyway...small world and just random trivia for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We got married on Dec. 22nd - worst time ever to celebrate an anniversary! We push ours off, too, so don't feel weird!

    ReplyDelete