Blog Visitors

Seth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Madison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Triplets

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rex and Aleece

Rex and Aleece
Never too old to know how to have fun!

Seth and Madison

Seth and Madison

Madison gave Seth a black eye... "Opps, did I do that?"

Daddy's Back Home!!!

The Triplets 2.5 years old

The Triplets 2.5 years old
"Hey, mom! Fireworks are pretty cool, just don't take away my fingers!"

Zachary

Zachary
"Watching fireworks make me nervous"!

Riley

Riley
"It makes me sleepy... I want my mommy!""

The Day We Found Out: TRIPLETS!

Monday, April 6, 2009

We're Back and a little BANANAS! :)

All three boys are finally out of the Children's Hospital in Portland. I don't know if you heard, but Rex, the kids, and I gave the babies RSV. We were sick at the time that they sent them home. The doctors told me we would be fine as long as I gave them my breast milk with the antibodies (well, we thought we just had a bad flu) turns out it was bronchitis, which is RSV for infants. I will write up a complete history of what happened, some day~ On the blog and email you all letting you know it is finished :)
I have tons of pictures, and tons of stories, and.... NO TIME! lol :D All I can promise is... Some day.

I miss you all so much! Thanks for all the support you have been to us... we really depended on you guys, and you all helped in so many ways! We have been home for 2 weeks now. Zachary and Riley came home 2 Tuesdays ago, and Alex came home this last Thursday.
Since they have been home we have had a "house-call nurse" come out to the house to weigh the babies twice. It is a free service to us so we don't have to take the babies into a doctors office for more than immunizations. The last time they were weighed before this was right before leaving the Salem NICU. At that time I think their weights were as follows:

Alex was 5 # 10 oz,
Zachary and Riley were both about 4# 8 oz.

Well, 4 days ago they were all weighed for the first time since being home and they did so well!
Alex weighed 7# 2.5 oz.
Zachary was 6 # 4 oz and
Riley was 6 # 6 oz

AWESOME HUH? Then they were weighed again today so here are the new numbers:
Alex is 7# 1 oz ~ You will notice he lost weight... I will explain that in a minute.
Zachary is 6# 10 oz (Gained 6 ounces in 4 days!) and
Riley is 6# 10.5 oz (Gained 4.5 ounces in 4 days!)

They want the babies to gain about an ounce a day so Zach and Riley are doing great, but how about Alex? He is currently on Methadone. It is a sedative/pain killer that they had to give him and Zachary when they were inti-bated. Zachary was already weaned off of the Methadone before coming home, but still had the jitters and withdrawals associated with coming off street drugs. They say that the only help for them is the binki... and Zachary LOVES his bink like he never did before! Anyway, about Alex... why did they not wean him off this drug at the hospital you might ask? We asked that too... basically he was on it for so long that it will take considerably longer to wean him off of it. He was on it for 3 weeks! Well. he is still on it actually, but I have weaned him gradually down to one fourth the dose they sent him home on. He is doing good... but the drug is a sedative so he sleeps a lot and struggles to stay awake long enough to finish a meal. He eats enough to barely maintain his weight, but he doesn't eat as much as we would like for him to gain an ounce a day. So I am hopeful that once I have him completely off the Methadone that he will perk up and take his full feeds again. ;) Already today he nursed 3 times with in 2 hours... we are on a good track, but I don't know if I can keep making enough milk for these three! It's a full time job in it's self! ha ha!

So that is my update. Email me if you have questions, I'll write back within the year! (maybe) ;) Miss you all!

Love The White's

2 comments:

  1. Yay! An update! I'm so excited that all the boys are back home with their family (as I know you are!). And way to go Mama on the nursing! You are my hero. I sometimes go crazy nursing just one...and there you are nursing three. You are awesome!!!

    Lots of love being sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog through a friends. Congratulations! I hope you are all doing well. You an amazing mother !!! So caring and genuine. We will keep you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete