On Monday we spent over 7 hours at the Family Birth Center with an ultrasound and non stress tests to monitor the babies heart rates. The ultrasound went really well... (it is getting nearly unbearable to lay on my back for 2+ hours for the measurements of all three babies). Here are the results:
Baby A
Heart Rate: 139
Pounds: 3.4
Percentile: 52%
Baby B
Heart Rate: 144
Pounds: 3.1
Percentile: 45%
Baby C
Heart Rate: 144
Pounds: 3.3
Percentile: 50%
I got some cute ultrasound pictures of the babies too! Remember these are 2-D pictures, so the pictures only show some of their facial features.






After our regularly long ultrasound appointment (only long cause there are 3 babies to measure), We had to go to the next floor down to check in for non-stress testing of the babies. We started out in a room that only could monitor 2 babies at one time, so I had to redress and move to another room (which was a lot bigger and had a TV for Seth to watch cartoons- yeah I forgot to mention that 7 hours was with Seth there. We wanted him to be able to experience the ultrasound... and had no idea that the testing afterward would take 4 additional hours!) It took forever! The nurses and Doctor did everything they could, but these three little boys wouldn't hold still! Every time we got the monitor on for one baby the other one's would move and we would have to reposition theirs. We needed to have about 30 minutes of constant monitoring of all three babies together! So it's not the hospitals fault at all... I just have 3 very active little boys in here (but I already knew that!) The crazy thing about this non-stress testing is that we have to do it once a week for the next two Mondays, and then we will switch to two times a week! I am afraid poor Rex is not going to have enough time for studying between school days because of all the appointments. I am sure he will find a way to make it work. :)SO... they finally got the monitoring done and we went to get something to eat! I was starving! Sharon had been watching Madison that whole time, which I am so thankful for, cause it was hard enough for Seth to wait around that long with us, and I know Maddie would have lost it before the ultrasound was even over.
That evening I was laying down at home and... to make a very, very long story short.... Rex found Madison with the Children's Tylenol. She had some how gotten past the child lock on the bottle, and poured it all over her bed and herself. There was no part of her that wasn't sticky! I read the back of the bottle and called Poison Control while stripping her clothes off and putting her in the shower. Rex managed to scrape up the puddle of Tylenol on her bed and get it back into the bottle so we could tell poison control how much was left. They told us to rush her to the E.R.! So we pulled her from the shower and dressed her in PJ's and they were off to the hospital. Rex's mom came to the E.R. to pick up Seth to take him to her house so Rex could focus fully on Madison. It was very stressful sitting here home alone and wondering if Madison was going to be okay. I was very emotional and anxious. I called Rex I think once every hour, and that was holding back!!! lol
Turns out after over 6 hours in the E.R., making Madison drink a charcoal drink (which she threw up all over), blood drawn, and an IV that they had to poke her for twice because she was putting up quiet the fight, the blood results came back that she had absolutely NO TYLENOL in her system! Poor Madison! When they got home (after midnight) she was asleep on daddy's shoulder and I got out of bed so I could give her some kisses. My poor baby! Everything is so different around here for the kids, and I know that they aren't getting all the care that they used to. It makes me feel so helpless. You know I was thinking about it, and Seth and Madison were a full time job for me as a stay at home mom. I was able to see to all their needs because the only other thing I was doing in life was a church calling. Poor Rex has been working on his bachelors full time and working a job part time, on top of my old full time job, taking care of our Family! I have been too hard on him I think. After all they are men... they aren't wired the same as us women! lol Not that that is bad... it's just that they don't have some of the same instincts that a mother has. So our family survived that day... BARELY! lol What a day! (Madison is doing great!)
Today I had physical therapy! Not in the pool though... That's right! I was approved for more visits to the therapist! Yahoo! I got a back message and rested on a heat pad for 10 wonderful minutes. It felt so good! I will still continue to do the pool as often as Ii can get there.
Also today I had a doctors appointment where we got a lot of good news! My cervix hasn't gotten any worse (same as last week), my blood pressure and tests showed I am in tip top shape, and we got to set a date for the C-Section!!!
March 3rd!!!
So we will have 3 babies on 3/3. What a coincidence huh? The doctor said he was going out of town for a week and a half right after that, so he picked that day! I like it a lot... and I am so excited... I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! We finally have a date to push towards. March 3rd lands on a Tuesday, so I will be exactly 36 weeks! Happy Day! :)









March 3rd!!! That is just around the corner. Only about 5 weeks to go. WOW!!! How exciting. The boys look good in the ultrasound pics. They look a lot like Seth! I am just still so shocked you are having 3 babies and boys for that matter. You are doing so good. God picked the right person to be pregnant with 3 babies. Lord knows I would have cried my way out if by now! You are amazing. I will make it down there soon to see you and the babies I promise. I want to give you our gift, but I need to make the time to get there. Glad to hear Madison is doing ok and that she didn't OD on tylenol. Poor thing. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteWow. What a post. Glad to hear that Madison is all right. That would have been scary...especially not being able to be there with her. Poor thing.
ReplyDeleteYou guys are doing so great considering all that you are going through. It amazes me.
Hooray for March 3rd! 3 boys on 3/3/09 (and 09 being 3 x 3...yeah, I'm lame and am pointing that out).