The next big goal is 28 weeks. If they can make it that far their survival rate goes up to 80%. Even though it would be good news to have high survival rate, it just wouldn't be good enough... the babies could still have very poor quality of life. The doctors have told me from the beginning that I want to get these babies past 32 weeks for a higher quality of life, not just survival. One baby step at a time. Having these little goals helps me see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been getting so huge that I feel physically broken down. However, everything seems to be going well, my body is doing what it needs to for the babies. Thank heaven.
I had my first physical therapy appointment this week. All she did was examine me and determine what plan of action they were going to take. Found out that a lot of my "hip pain" is actually in my lower back. I guess the pain just radiates or something. So I have only been approved for one more visit... messed up huh? Good ole' insurance! Anyway... my physical therapist said I need more than that, and will put in for an extension. She said even if I don't get approved for more appointments, that I can still use their facility for the pool. My first real therapy treatment is Monday afternoon. I have to try to get into a swim suit! LOL I think I will just wear a maternity cami and shorts. :)
I had a doctors appointment the next day (Christmas Eve) with my OB/GYN where he said everything looked good. He said I am measuring 41 weeks pregnant!!! That means I am measuring 15 weeks larger than I would be with just one baby at this gestation! Yikes! I am telling you all... I feel Enormous! Still growing though... so I guess enormous will have a whole new meaning before too long!
I also have an ultra sound on Monday morning where they will be doing all the babies measurements again. It is very important that they all are close in size! Pray for us, please. If one is in danger it could compromise the whole pregnancy and cause us to have to deliver all of them early. We are hopeful and are optimistic that things will continue to look up!
I am so tired... woke up with Rex at 3 am Christmas morning to finish wrapping presents for the kids. After that, I finished making a quilt I wanted to have finished for Madison. I made a few boo boo's! First I cut a hole in the middle of it when cutting a straggler string, which required a heart shaped patch... but then while ironing the patch on I scorched the fabric!!! I have never done that before... and I was just so sick about it! I started crying and wanted to quit, but Rex was right there to comfort me and convinced me that Madison will cherish it more knowing it was made from my heart. Then a little later when I was binding the edges I pricked my finger and bled on it! I was flabbergasted! Again Rex comforted me, "When she is older you can show her evidence of these battle wounds on the blanket, that you suffered Christmas 2008, trying so hard to make a quilt when you were 6 1/2 months pregnant with the triplets." I guess it does make it a little more sentimental~ when looked at that way.
Thank you who ever you are... that gave a Secret Santa gift to our family this Christmas! The Missionaries came over one evening with a Christmas card from a Secret Santa with two gift cards. One for Toys R Us and the other for Target. Each one for $50 dollars! What a wonderful gift, thank you so much for thinking of us! One of the gifts we got for Madison from Toys R Us, turned out Grandma Sharon had already bought one like it and it was wrapped, so rather than exchange it we gave it to a family in our ward with three little girls who loved it. It felt good to know we could help them out... by passing it forward a bit. On Christmas Eve another family dropped gifts at our door for the whole family, it was so kind. Thank you! Rest assured, both Seth and Madison had a great Christmas, and thanks goes to all our family and friends. My mom sent 4 boxes of presents for all of us... probably spending more on shipping than on the gifts, and that was sweet of her. Mom, the kids loved all their presents, and thanks so much for the things you sent Rex and I. Sharon and Rex Sr. and Jessica, and Lacey all got us very nice gifts too! I felt sooo Spoiled! Seth got some of the cutest clothes for church... He will look so handsome in them. Thanks every one! I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and have a Happy New Year!









Glad you are still doing well. Yeah, were would you find a swimsuit this time of year anyway? I agree, wear the carpis's and T-shirt.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas - sounds like everyone was treated exceptionally well this year.
We love you.
I don't mean to be rude...but WOW you are getting big. I love seeing your belly pics. It is so cool to see how much you change every week. 26 weeks is a HUGE milestone. We will all keep prayer you get past 32 weeks. I know you can make it. It is going to be hard, but so worth it!
ReplyDeleteI agree with Amber...Wow! I love the belly pics too. Isn't it amazing all we go through for our children.
ReplyDeleteI could n't even imagine how you are feeling. I know by 36 weeks BIG I was ready to be done...and measuring at 41 weeks alread...no thank you.
I too pray that you make it to 32 weeks. Best wishes!