Blog Visitors

Seth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Madison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Triplets

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rex and Aleece

Rex and Aleece
Never too old to know how to have fun!

Seth and Madison

Seth and Madison

Madison gave Seth a black eye... "Opps, did I do that?"

Daddy's Back Home!!!

The Triplets 2.5 years old

The Triplets 2.5 years old
"Hey, mom! Fireworks are pretty cool, just don't take away my fingers!"

Zachary

Zachary
"Watching fireworks make me nervous"!

Riley

Riley
"It makes me sleepy... I want my mommy!""

The Day We Found Out: TRIPLETS!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Home Alone

How incredibly Boring! Today I am home alone. Rex took the kids to his mom's on his way to school, because yesterday evening I started having menstrual-like cramping, and lower back pain. I read the instructions I was given and it told me to drink 2 glasses of water and if it didn't stop with in an hour I needed to call the doctor. Well, I did, and they stopped for about 30 minutes. But then I had to go to the bathroom 3 times from drinking 2 cups, and the getting up caused them to come back. So I drank yet another cup of water and stayed in bed. They didn't come back again, until I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, and on my way back to bed I got a full out contraction. Rex insisted on calling his mom last night before we went to bed to see if she could come over at some point today to take care of the kids. My friend Katie was planning on picking the kids up today after their naps so I really only needed help in the morning. However, Sharon had something going on today and asked if she could just keep the kids at her house all day. Rex agreed, so I called Katie this morning to let her know that she doesn't need to watch the kids today. Since I have been in bed all morning and it is now just after noon, I haven't had any contractions yet. Rex has called twice already to make sure I am okay. I hate being in bed... it's HARD~ but then add to it that I am all alone, and it's much worse. :( However, I will try to keep my mind busy.) I have been doing a little research for Rex for his term paper in Politics of Religion. The topic Rex chose is the Nicene Creed. In it he will argue why the Nicene Creed is a political document more than a statement of theological beliefs. It will be a really good paper. I have found some good sources for him, but I am terrible at typing (more like chicken pecking) lol.
I am hopeful that Katie will still be able to come over later today so she can teach me how to knit. I have wanted to learn for quite some time. I know how to crochet, but I left all my needles in the car, so I am stuck waiting to learn how to knit.
I have the head phones on my belly, letting the babies listen to the children's song book. Right now they are on "Reverently Quietly." I don't think it is sinking in though... they are kicking and moving a lot (not very "reverently quietly". Their movement is a very good sign though after everything last night, so I am grateful for the internal beating! lol I need to get up and get my self some lunch. Doctor said I shouldn't ever let my tummy growl (letting hunger pangs go like that is bad for the babies). Which means I have to eat every hour. My tummy has little room already, so it is small frequent meals all day.
I am praying that today goes well. I don't want to have to go in to the hospital... besides, I have an ultrasound and doctors visit at the Perinatologist office tomorrow morning. Rex wants me to stay flat in bed until then. My body hurts from not being active... but I know this is the best thing I can do for my sons. It is kinda saddening that if I end up on doctor prescribed bed rest I will be in bed for a really long time. I am 21 weeks and I want to get to 36 weeks. 3 and a half months!!!! Pray for me every one. I would appreciate it. I will keep you all posted.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Aleece, you poor thing. Maybe one of these days I can come down and help you too. I know I have my little one, but I can get on the floor and play with your kids, or do house work. I am only an hour and a half away. I feel bad for you. Just think all that time in bed is worth it. Relax, read, blog, draw, journal, catch up on baby books, e-mail friends, etc...just some ideas on how to stay busy. Sorry you are hurting and stuck in bed. You will make it through. Don't think of it in months, think of it in weeks...it sounds better. Trust me they will fly by, everyday counts! You can make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber,
    You know I might take you up on your offer. That would be fun, and I could get to know you a little better. We were kinda hoping we could depend on everybody for help. Aside from Rex's family, you and Kimi are the first of his extended family to offer to help, that I know of at least. That says a lot about you two. Thanks for that. Mondays and Wednesdays are when Rex is gone to school and I need the most help. If, you ever foresee your self free on one of those days and you want to come on over it would be greatly appreciated. It would probably be nice for Sharon also, to get a break once in a while. Again you are so sweet Amber. I hope all is well with your family, say hi to John and hug Addison for me. I am excited to get to meet her. You guys take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Mondays are bad for me, but I can help on a Wednesday. Monday's I don't get off til 11am after working all night it would probably be too much on me to come down and help out. But I am more than willing to help on a Wednesday. Just say when and I can be there for you. I would love to get to know you better and feel those little ones kicking you!!! (503) 357-5400 that is my home number and my cell is (541) 206-3913 call me if you need some help!

    I am sure Jon can live without me for a day to come help ya!

    ReplyDelete