Well, today was my ultrasound and doctors appointment with Dr Watson. Everything measured good... fluid levels in each of the babies sacks are good, and my cervix measures a 4 now. It was 4.7 two weeks ago, so it has thinned out a little, but a 4 is still really good. It was good news for sure. However, Dr Watson advised me that he thinks it is time for me to consider bed rest. He said that everything is going really well for me especially since I am as far along as I am (I am 5 weeks past the typical half way mark for triplet pregnancies), but it would be best if I don't risk loosing the wiggle room I have right now. These last 3 days I have had lots of contractions and back pain. He is leaving it up to me, but he advised me that he thinks it is time to start bed rest. I have had such a hard time with the idea of it from the beginning, but I realized something when Rex and I were talking on the way to the car after my appointment. I think the reason I am so upset about bed rest is because I am such a fighter. I naturally want to go into fighter mode, to prove to my self that I am strong. Being on bed rest makes me feel so helpless, not strong. It's kinda a mind game. However, I think I have overcome a lot of that today. It really sank in today when talking to Rex... I said, "I can do this... I have to be strong in a different way, not to prove anything about my character, but I have to do this for the babies. What ever it takes." I feel like I am focused now, and starting today, I have taken the doctors advise and I am on official bed rest.
Oh, something that is cool. Last night Katie did come over and teach me how to knit! Thank you Katie! I am a little proud of my self :), so please indulge me a little while I toot my own horn... It was really easy, and I picked it up in no time at all! So Katie showed me how to do a regular knit and I have been practicing it. Today, I felt like I mastered the regular knit so I decided to read the book Katie lent me, to try to figure out how to cast on and do pearls. Well, first of all, it is an excellent book and I could understand it really well. Secondly, it took a lot longer to catch on from reading instead of being shown how, but I taught my self how to cast-on and do pearls. So I thought I would try it out and I am using red thread to make a scarf with ribbing. The ribbing is made from alternating 2 knits with 2 pearls. I can't wait to show Katie and Rex. Oh, Rex is at work tonight, who knows how late he will be, but every dollar counts right now, so he is glad to get the hours. The economy is so bad right now. We hope he gets more hours during the holidays.
Well, I better get back to knitting. I think I will make this scarf for Katie, to thank her for showing me how. I have been talking about learning to knit for about 6 months, and I am finally doing it, thanks to her.
Thanks to Sharon for watching the kids twice this week, you're a life saver! They love it at grandma's.
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









Bummer, offical bed rest huh? Oh well... you have made it a long ways without, so you need to give yourself credit. It is best for the babies. Not too much longer and they will be here. Really just think about it that way. Enjoy your "rest" because when they are here you won't be getting any. Sorry, but we all know that is the truth!
ReplyDeleteI know how hard bed rest can be and it sucks, but it is for the babies! You will be blessed for it I am sure.
ReplyDeleteThat is so cool that you are learning how to knit. It will keep your mind off of your sore butt after a while. Also, I would suggest finding a good book or a series to read. Twilight is really good if you have not read those books yet.
Good luck!
Also, Don't forget to make sure that you have your friends and other help you earn money by doing basket parties for you...let them know it will be a great help to have more money coming in!
Our prayers are with you and the babies at this time!