Blog Visitors

Seth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Madison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Triplets

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rex and Aleece

Rex and Aleece
Never too old to know how to have fun!

Seth and Madison

Seth and Madison

Madison gave Seth a black eye... "Opps, did I do that?"

Daddy's Back Home!!!

The Triplets 2.5 years old

The Triplets 2.5 years old
"Hey, mom! Fireworks are pretty cool, just don't take away my fingers!"

Zachary

Zachary
"Watching fireworks make me nervous"!

Riley

Riley
"It makes me sleepy... I want my mommy!""

The Day We Found Out: TRIPLETS!

Saturday, November 15, 2008

So Blessed! 20 weeks 4 days

We are so blessed! I am very grateful for all the help we have received thus far. Just looking back over the last few weeks, Rex's mom and dad, Sharon and Rex came out and took care of the kids and the house while I was on temporary bed rest, which was greatly appreciated. Sharon worked hard to get me caught up with the folding (I hate folding clothes) Probably for the same reason I struggle to sit through a baseball game... too slow paced. I prefer to be active, and sitting and folding clothes doesn't fit under an active category does it! Anyway, since she caught me up by folding the mountain of clean clothes, I have been very good about folding each load as it comes out of the dryer! It's amazing what has happened to me... now that I can't be active. Folding laundry actually gives me a sense of accomplishment now. Crazy... but I really do like that change in my self. My father in law, Rex Sr, was such a big help too. We have needed some winter clean up done to the yard, and he went out there on his day off and worked non stop. Rex Jr (my hubby) has continued the work with every minute he has away from homework and the kids. He has kinda had to step into a Mr. Mom role. And I have had to learn to let go of how I think things need to be done. Surprisingly, when he does it is own way, the kids survive it just fine, and they like having more time with dad! Of course his studies are suffering, but if you asked him he would say it a million times, "No success can compensate for failure in the home." We both believe that God will bless him in his studies, if he gives due time to his family.
I am so glad that the kids have handled all of this well. They have had less play time with me, which is hard for them, and me. I love to get down on the floor to play with my kids, but I haven't been able to now for a couple weeks. Seth explains to Madison, "Mommy and the babies will get really sick." He prays for me to feel better in all of his prayers, and it is actually strengthening my spirit. Speaking of Spiritual things, tonight Rex and I went to the temple (awesome experience). Rex's sister, Jessica, that lives in Portland agreed to watch the kids so we could go. I was realizing that if I didn't go to the temple soon that I would not be able to go for a very long time. Seeing as the triplets will need me, especially if I am nursing them. So we broke away, and went to the temple. I felt such peace about this pregnancy when we were there. I am optimistic that everything is in Gods hands. What ever happens, I know his will is in it. So we dropped the kids off at Jessica's apartment. After the temple Jessica was helping Rex bring the kids to the car and transfer car seats again, and she mentioned to me that she put Madison in her bedroom hoping she would fall asleep on her bed, and when she went in to get her (when Rex and I showed up) she walked in and saw that Madison had picked up her scriptures off the night stand and had them opened up and was leaned over peering into the pages as though she was trying to read. This made me so grateful. Grateful that over the last month we decided to be better about family scripture and prayer morning and night. It testified to me that what we are doing with Seth and Madison will leave an indelible impression on their minds. They will always know that studying the scriptures and prayer are very important. On the way home Madison said, "Family Prayer?" I said, "Yes, Maddie, as soon as we get home, I promise." She said, "Promise." and I reiterated, "Yes, I promise." When we finally got home Seth had passed out in the car, but Madison was still wide eyed and saying, "Family Prayer." She is such a blessing to us. And yes, if you were wondering, we did have family prayer! I am so grateful for my kids. God picked them out for me, I know it! I'll write about my doctors appointment tomorrow. We didn't hear anything new about the babies, but we did have a neat experience I want to share. tell you more tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. You are so awesome. I dont even know what I would do if I couldnt get down and play with the girls (of course, one of them is still 11months old and really needs that right now). You are a beacon of strength and such a wonderful example. Sometimes the most important things (prayer, scripture study) can be the first thing to go when I'm not feeling well or we are all tired. It is great that you are making them the priority that they are...for I know blessings abound when we do. :)

    It is super hard to accept help at times but I try to remind myself that if I denied someone the opportunity to help then I would be denying them blessings also. lol.

    Again, Aleece, you are just awesome.

    ReplyDelete