Blog Visitors

Seth

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Madison

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Triplets

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Rex and Aleece

Rex and Aleece
Never too old to know how to have fun!

Seth and Madison

Seth and Madison

Madison gave Seth a black eye... "Opps, did I do that?"

Daddy's Back Home!!!

The Triplets 2.5 years old

The Triplets 2.5 years old
"Hey, mom! Fireworks are pretty cool, just don't take away my fingers!"

Zachary

Zachary
"Watching fireworks make me nervous"!

Riley

Riley
"It makes me sleepy... I want my mommy!""

The Day We Found Out: TRIPLETS!

Saturday, November 8, 2008

That's Right, I said, "Triplets!"

The Day We Found Out!

We had our first ultrasound at Salem Clinic on Halloween Day 2008. We knew there was a possibility of us having twins because the doctor said I was measuring 6 weeks too big with only 4 pounds weight gain the entire pregnancy. What's great about that is... Rex has been saying all along that he thought we were going to have twins! As we got closer to getting the ultrasound Rex, and his mom Sharon both told me they thought we might be having triplets because of how fast my belly was growing. I laughed it off... trying not to feel like I must have looked so fat! I mean, what if there was only one baby? That would have made me feel like I was just a fatty. Well, the day came and we went in. The Technician who was doing the ultra sound put the little wand on my tummy and in no time at all removed it and started asking questions, "Is this your first ultrasound?" Yes. "Have you seen an OB/GYN yet?" Yes. "Did he tell you that there was anything abnormal?" This freaked me out!!! ABNORMAL? What a word to use!
See about two weeks before that I had one of those crazy pregnancy dreams where I went in for an ultrasound and they told me that I wasn't having twins, and that there was only one baby and a huge tumor growing inside the inner wall of my uterus! In the dream I would die if they didn't opperate, but the baby wouldn't survive! It was a terrible dream! So this technician really couldn't have picked a worse word than abnormal.
I gathered my self together, when I noticed that he was waiting for my answer. I sqeezed Rex's hand and said, "No, but he did say that I am measuring 6 weeks big and that we could be having twins."
He said, "Oh, well you are." and put the wand back on my belly. As I was explaining my relief and started to cry with joy, the tech said, "Oh, wait a minute! There's Three!!!" I started to cry even harder, and I think at this point Rex's hand started to loose blood flow! The tech scanned back over my belly again and pointed out each of them. Baby's A, B, and C. He then told us they are all boys!
Sharon, my mother in law, and Lacey (her daughter) then came in with Seth and Madison and we suprised them all. Rex told them that we weren't having twins before they came in the room, he loves to be a tease. They were sure supprised when the tech then showed them baby A, Baby B... (this is when Sharon looks to Rex and says, "You said there aren't twins!" and then the tech finished with and Baby C before Rex could reply. It was classic. Once Sharon heard that they are all boys she said, "I'm not babysitting!" lol

We went straight from there to Kelly's Home Center to tell Rex's dad, Rex sr., at work. On the way there I called my family and told them the news. My little sister Auriela (16) was screaming in the back ground. I called my family in Reno and told them as we were headed out to lunch with Rex's dad. All good times. I have a video of Rex's dad when we told him that I will try to download later. So watch for it!

I have included the ultrasound pictures from the second ultrasound. They are all Profiles of the babies faces. At the bottom of each pic you can see A, B, or C. According to the doctor, A and C are identical and they will not know about B until they are born. I will add another post tomorrow about the Dr's Appointment with the Parinatologist (High risk Preg Doctor) Dr. Watson. All Good news so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment