Just a quick update... Things are going pretty good right now. I am doing better with adjusting to bed rest. The hardest part is my legs are hurting from not being used (Achy bones and muscles). Obviously from my profile picture to the right, my tummy is bigger than ever. It has become difficult to walk with out a serious waddle!!! LOL
I have continued to knit the scarf for Katie, and I have been working on two other projects that are crocheted. One project is a baby blanket (green) for Riley (which will be the youngest baby), and the other project is a queen size afghan I needed to finish for a friend. On top of these projects I have had help from Sharon searching for pictures of Seth and Madison for their baby books. She emailed a bunch of cute ones that I need to print out. I am doing a pretty good job of keeping my mind busy.
Rex has been great. He had 3 papers to write this week on top of everything else. He has taken great care of the kids too. A few things have slipped... like the kids toys are all over their room, and our bed hasn't been made in 3 days, but that's to be expected I guess. Someone said to me a while back, "No one in their right mind would seriously expect your house to be immaculate for the next year or two while you are all adjusting." So we can only do our best.
Seth has been such a helper! What a neat kid. He loves to help out, especially with his sister. He offers to help me in so many ways. Seth takes a laundry basket in the wash room and pulls all the clothes from the dryer and pushes the basket all the way into me at my bed, and hands me clothes so I can fold them. Then he puts his clothes away. Rex switches the loads from the washer to the dryer. They have a nice little system figured out.
Madison has been a little sick these past couple days. She started with a fever Saturday evening (102 degrees). She had her immunizations earlier last week, but we are not sure if it is connected. Rex gave her a bath before bed, and when she woke up Sunday morning she felt fine, so she went to church with brother and daddy. But during church her fever came back. It's weird because she doesn't have a runny nose, no cold symptoms at all. (and no, she isn't cutting teeth. They are all in already.) When she went to bed Sunday night she felt fine again. We'll see if she does okay.
Monday morning Sister Kemble is picking the kids up to play at her house while Rex is at school. She will bring them back for naps around 1pm and Sister Standley will show up about 3:30pm to help out until 6:30pm. Sister Hellewell is bringing us dinner which will be a nice treat (she is a great cook), and Sharon said she would come over for an hour to help Rex keep up with the house work. We have a lot of help, and it is great. I guess they handed around a sign up at church this Sunday asking people to help Rex and I out. Needless to say, we are getting the help we need! We are covered for the next three weeks on the days that Rex will be at school. I am so grateful to every one who has been able to help.









You poor thing! Your tummy is getting so big! I guess that means that babies are healthy and doing good.
ReplyDeleteIt is so good to hear that people are there to help you out.
It is also good to hear that you are getting the rest you need.